This week I decided not to go grocery shopping. Typically every weekend I plan out the next week of meals and then buy all the groceries on Sunday. Instead, I’m hoping to use up some of the stuff that’s been taking up room in my pantry and freezer. I made all these below meals using items I had on hand. (Full disclosure: I did end up caving and went to the store to pick up some apples, bananas, and clementines!).
For Sunday brunch I used up:
- Egg Beaters, leftover from making Oven Baked Sweet Onion Rings
- Ham and Sharp Cheddar, leftover from Mini Ham ‘n’ Cheese Fritattas
- Green Pepper, leftover from Meatless Chili Mac
- Thawed and toasted leftover Pumpkin Gingerbread waffle from the freezer– they thawed up nicely!
- Frozen lite sausage links, on hand
For Sunday dinner I made a Beef Stew/Roast in the slow cooker, using items on hand as well!:
- 1 lb beef stew meat from the freezer, leftover from Easy Beef Stew
- Baby Yukon Gold potatoes, leftover from Potato and Yam Soup with Spinach and Bacon
- Carrots, onion, and onion soup mix on hand
So delicious and so easy!
For dessert I made a pair of delicious green smoothies using:
- a couple big handfuls of baby spinach
- 1/2 c lowfat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 c frozen raspberries
- 1 very ripe (and sweet!) banana
- 1 clementine
Today, Monday, I ran home from work for lunch and threw this super tasty plate together.
- Granny Smith with Almond Butter (1/2 pkt of Justin’s that’s been sitting around)
- Flatout Wrap, leftover from Buffalo Chicken Wraps, filled with:
- Tuna, Miracle Whip, onion, baby spinach
- A couple of clementines (I’ve eaten approximately one sh!tton of clementines the past couple of days! Addicted.)
Dinner was not quite as good as lunch, but I exhausted my supply of Flatout wraps (so sad – I love them so much!). My Chickpea Wraps were inspired by THIS recipe from HappyHealthyMama, that also recently appeared on OhSheGlows. The filling is a mixture of pantry staples:
- Smashed canned chickpeas (1/2 can – for one big wrap)
- Sundried Tomatoes in oil
- Spicy Brown Mustard (and I went back and added a healthy squirt of honey mustard after tasting)
- Fresh Parsley (I had it on hand – could also use dried) + Baby Spinach
The wrap was really good. However, the side of Casbah Lemon Parsely Couscous (from a box) was NOT good. This box has been lurking in my pantry for some time, so I finally gave it a chance tonight and it was…not good. I only managed a few bites – then straight in the garbage it went. I hate wasting food. I predict snack time later! Probably going to bust out some Lime Tortilla Chips. And/or salsa. And/or pickles.
Currently listening to: Someone Like You – Adele.
I’ve really been getting into Adele lately.
You know the drill: click below for 30 Day Shred Updates –