Wednesday was a quick and painless work day and I got a bit of an early start to my long holiday weekend! Hooray!
I came home and made a nice little lunch. I’ve purchased eight containers of blackberries in the last ten days because they’ve been on sale for $0.50 each! Today I froze three of the packages for future use (which will probably in the form of smoothies). Naturally, I had to involve them in my lunch.
As mentioned earlier this week, I now have a new camera! My new one is basically a few steps up from my old point-and-shoot, which I loved. The model is: ‘Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS8, 14.1 MP Digital Camera with 16x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD.’ It’s awesome! My old model was the Lumix DMC-ZS3.
I am attempting to teach myself how to shoot in manual mode and learn about shutter speed, aperture, ISO, and all that good stuff, but honestly it’s going to take some work! This salad photograph is overexposed but I still like it. I attempted to tweak it using GIMP (photo-editing software that I use) a bit.
I made an awesome sandwich with things I’ve been trying to use up around the kitchen:
- Seeded Rye Bread; toasted two lone slices that have been chillin’ (literally) in the freezer
- Velveeta; leftover after Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Ham; leftover from my dinner involved Green Bean Casserole
- Scrambled Eggs; purchased to make brownies this past weekend
Great start to the weekend! After lunch I ran errands, and then ran (literally) 3.2 miles outside – it was nearly 50 degrees out and sunny! Not bad at all for late November.
Aaaand… here are the winners of the Duncan Hines Giveaway I announced earlier this week. Using a random number generator, these three comments were selected:
Which means the three winners are:
- #7- Julie is “thankful my husband has a full time job with benefits”
- #5- Janice is “thankful for my health, family, friends, and a job”
- #1- Amy is “thankful for the support of my family and friends”
Congrats to the winners! You’ll each be receiving two coupons for a free Duncan Hines product of your choice (up to $3.99 each). I’ll be in touch via email to arrange awarding your prize. You can also contact me at meggoesnomnom [at] gmail [dot] com.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Enjoy your noms.