Yesterday I returned from a fabulous weekend in Chicago! Here are some of the highlights.
- Happy Hour at Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar. $6 Manhattans!
- Baked Brie appetizer at Fleming’s.
- Cheeseburger Friday! This prime burger with cheese, bacon, and fries was $6. SIX DOLLARS. So yum.
- Drinks at Castle in River North. Kind of reminded me of Ann Arbor’s Cavern Club.
- The happy couple.
- Me & Five Star at Castle.
Saturday Brunch at El Hefe.
- Queso Fundido.
- Torta with carne asada, drippy fried egg, and guac. Mmm.
- Healthy Breakfast entrée.
- CHURROS! With coconut, caramel, and spicy chocolate sauces, plus a horchata milkshake.
Saturday evening we had wine, cheese, and charcuterie at Rittergut Wine Bar in the Loop (above).
We each had a wine flight – natch, I ordered the Power Brokers flight, packed with spicy, bold reds.
For our cheese and charcuterie, we selected:
- Goat Cheese, Challerhocker (my fave!), and Iberico.
- Stagberry Elk Salami, finocchiano (fennel salami), and bresaola
Seriously, there is nothing better than wine and charcuterie platters.
Then, we had dinner.
Blue Fin Sushi Bar in Wicker Park was our destination.
- We shared three sushi rolls.
- Amazing sushi!
- Fried ice cream for dessert.
- Me and Five Star’s co-worker at dinner. The restaurant offers BYOB so we brought wine and sake to dinner!
Then things got real. We went dancing at Debonair, near the sushi bar.
Very fun weekend! I’m such an indulgent traveler. Eating and drinking is the best part of traveling!