I’ve been looking forward to tonight’s dinner for a few days! I do believe this meal is worthy of meggoesnomnom’s 100th POST!! I can’t believe I’m already up to my 100th blog entry! Mind-blowing.
The August 2010 issue of Cooking Light had an article featuring the two recipes I made tonight, and I must say, they complemented each other nicely. Here are some of the more photogenic ingredients from tonight’s meal, including”
- my big new jar of EVOO – thanks to Tom’s bro Doug!🙂
- Mr. Basil!,
- and another big zuke from my parents’ garden.
My first dish was a Corn Chowder recipe from Cooking Light magazine. Here’s the play-by-play:
- Cook diced bacon (I used ~4 slices), drain, set aside
- Saute zucchini, celery, and green onion in bacon drippings in large pot
- Place portion of baby corn in blender with milk and blend until smooth
- Add additional milk, fresh chopped thyme, S & P to blender and combine
- Add this mixture to the sauteed veggies, and add remaining whole corn kernels to pot
- Heat through, and top with bacon, sharp cheddar, and green onions
With the chowder, I made another batch of Tomato Bruschetta – toasted baguette slices rubbed with garlic, and topped with a mixture of chopped roma tomatoes, fresh basil, EVOO, balsamic vinegar, and S&P. SOOOO tasty! In LUV with bruschetta.
Cute lil beauties! Nomnomnom.
This meal was just perfect! I cannot wait to make this again! Very nom-worthy.
♪♫ Currently listening to: LoveGame – Lady Gaga.