Wednesday night I was feeling pretty amazing for several reason:
- 1. I got to leave work at 2:00 PM.
- 2. I have the next FOUR days off! And they will be four days of binge-eating. YES.
- 3. Amazing food at Metzger’s.
To start, I ordered French Onion Soup.
- Left: T’s dinner – BBQ ribs with Potato Pancakes and Sauerkraut.
- Right: My dinner – French Dip Sandwich, sliced Prime Rib on a bun with au jus; and Spätzle. I freaking adore Spätzle (traditional German noodle, with gravy).
Despite the fact that we were at a German restaurant, I was feeling French apparently, as I ordered French Onion Soup and French Dip Sandwich. For the record, I am of German descent, but not French.
We finished the meal with the Carrot Cake for Two – hands down the best carrot cake I have ever (EVAR!!!!) had. Easily. Mandatory.
For the record, I brought half of my dinner and half of my half of the cake home and had it for my Thanskgiving breakfast!
♪♫ Currently listening to: Pain – Three Days Grace.