I truly cannot believe that it is already September! Fastest summer ever!? Here’s a recap of some of my favorite events and meals from the past few months, in case you missed any.
In May I traveled to San Fran for a week and blogged about my experience.
- San Fran – Day 1: Part I (Flight + Thai lunch)
- San Fran – Day 1: Part II (Mexican dinner + Little Mermaid ballet)
- San Fran – Day 2: Alcatraz, Angel Island + incredible vegetarian dinner at Millenium restaurant
- San Fran – Day 3 (Napa and Sonoma Valley Wineries)
- San Fran – Day 4 (Zoo + Chinatown + Irish pub)
- San Fran – Day 5 (Muir Woods + Brazilian Steakhouse)
- San Fran – Day 6 (Fisherman’s Wharf + Thai dinner)
- San Fran – Day 7 (Urban Picnic lunch, Botanical Gardens, Last night in)
- Memorial Day Grillfest 2011 – Then we had a lovely sunny Memorial Day Grillfest with beer + steak!
- Dexter-Ann Arbor Run Recap – I ran my first race ever: a 5k!
- San Street – I tried Pork Buns this Asian street food cart in the new Mark’s Carts complex in downtown Ann Arbor.
- Raspberry Jam Brownies – I made these babies for a summer family gathering.
- Mackinaw City – We traveled to Northern Michigan for a lovely beach wedding, with lots of good food along the way.
- Raven’s Club – We tried a new Ann Arbor restaurant on our third wedding anniversary, with mixed reviews, but interesting food! I had shrimp and grits for the first time.
- Community-Supported Agriculture (CSA) – I frequently blogged about the half-share of local, organic produce that I purchased this summer from Two Creeks Organics farm in Manchester, Michigan.
- CSA Week 1 (Chickpea Tuna Salad)
- CSA Week 2
- CSA Week 3 (Peanut Tofu Pad Thai, Sautéed Bok Choy, Kale Chips)
- CSA Week 4 (Crunchy Chinese Cabbage Salad, Lamb Kofta, Grilled Veggies)
- CSA Week 5 (Veggie Omelet; Roasted Heirloom Potatoes; Chickpea, Spinach & Squash Gnocchi)
- CSA Week 7 (Stuffed Green Peppers, Cucumber Salad)
- CSA Week 9 (Creamy Chicken Salad, 4-Bean Chili)
- CSA Week 10 (Cantaloupe)
- CSA Week 11 – (Delicata Squash)
- Mani Osteria – We tried cocktails, several delicious small plates, and a wood-fired pizza at a new Ann Arbor restaurant. I’m still thinking about those pickled tomatoes…
- Biercamp Meat Party – Several amazing local artisan meats and sausages were sampled.
- Adult Beverage Appreciation – I discovered the joy of Crème Brulee Imperial Stout, and enjoyed Martini Mondays, Dominick’s Sangria, and Grizzly Peak Beer.
- The BBQ Slaw Burger – The huz’s burger creation was a finalist – and, we’re now happy announce: THE WINNER! – of Sidetrack’s burger-creation contest. He won a free year of burgers, and his burger will be placed on the Sidetrack menu!
Stay tuned for ‘Summery Summary Part II,’ which will feature my favorite recipes of the summer.