Happy Friday, friends!
Thursday is often quick ‘n’ easy dinner night, and last night that meant:
- Crispy Tenders
- Gardein Beefless Burger
- These were free, after using a coupon and buying them on sale! I was quite skeptical. They smelled funny while cooking, and tasted ‘different’ at first, but I would describe them as having a grilled beef burger-aftertaste. But they totally grew on me! After a few bites, I stopped thinking about beef, and started thinking of them as their own ‘food,’ and I like them! Quite a bit! I served them bunless with American cheese and ketchup. The carnivorous huz was actually a fan too. (Maybe even more so than me! They are hearty, packed with protein (21 grams!), and low calorie (170/burger). We’ll eat these again.
- Creamed Spinach & Leeks
- Crispy Crowns
Last night I started working on the next week’s dinner meal plan and grocery list. Here’s the plan:
- Friday – Out to dinner
- Saturday – ?
- Sunday – Chicken with Cornmeal Dumplings
- Monday – Bacon Pierogi Bake and Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Tuesday – Beefless Burgers, Quinoa with Dried Cherries and Pistachios, Asparagus
- Wednesday – Polenta Rounds with Sausage Ragout
- Thursday – Roast Chicken with Potatoes and Butternut Squash
Sound good? Creating a weekly meal plan minimizes trips to the grocery store, saving both time and money, and also helps me eat healthier meals during the week.