Okay, back to blogging about present day! Well, sort of. Let me fill you in on what I’ve been up to for the last week or so.
- Visiting A World of Discovery, which opened last fall in Ann Arbor, with the huz. The center is a non-profit organization whose “…primary objectives are education and conservation. We also participate in the rehabilitation and rerelease of endangered native animals and the rescue and placement of displaced pets.”
- As the website says, “It’s an indoor zoo experience featuring reptiles, amphibians, invertebrates, birds, and other exhibits.”
- No, I’m not an 8 year old boy, but I actually kind of love reptiles. I think iguanas are the cutest little guys ever! This monitor’s little face (below) was pretty precious too. Look at those gorgeous scales. The World of Discovery is located on Jackson Road in Ann Arbor and is a nice facility; worth checking out for sure.
- I’ve also been planting flowers, tomatoes, and basil in pots outdoors. Check back soon for more pics.
- Dominick’s Sangria. Made it here three times before June this year. Score.
- Backroom Pizza. Nostalgia. It’s been about 4 years since I’ve entered this place! E&L are proud of their find, below.
- Making blackberry pancakes with turkey sausage.
- Eating dinner at Knight’s Steakhouse. I had the tri-tip sirloin steak fajitas and they were really good. The steak was the star – extremely tender and flavorful: fantastic!
- Last time at Knight’s, the huz gave the Delmonico steak a try. This time he gave the New York Strip a go, and preferred this cut.
- Grilling chicken. Well actually the huz did that. I’ve just been eating it.
- ..With salad, of course. Smothered in avocados. I ate 3.5 avocados myself last week. WHAT? Good thing they are loaded with nutrition.
- Attending BFF’s second bridal shower at Sullivan’s Food & Spirits in Saginaw. This was a great little home-y, welcoming place for a family-oriented event such as this. The bride-to-be’s family did a cute job dressing up the décor with special pink and green-themed touches. Check out the favors – chocolate bar with a picture of the happy couple. Too cute!
- The food was just what I was craving on a Sunday morning, served nice and hot and fresh, how I like it, with strong coffee on the side. All the fixin’s – fluffy pancakes, hash browns, eggs, thick & buttery toast, crispy bacon, and savory sausage.
- Somehow I made room for cake too. As I’ve said, there’s always room for more bacon. But not always room for cake.
- Eating half-off food at Guy Hollerin’s with my ballin’ discount. Blackened Whitefish Sandwich, below.
Currently listening to: A Rush of Blood to the Head – Coldplay.