You might remember last week I wrote about meal planning and I have decided I am going to try make a weekly series out of this topic. I’ll start by recapping last week’s meal plan, how it went, and then write about the meal plan for the upcoming week.
Last Week: Dinner Meal Plan for Week of June 30 – July 6:
- Saturday: Out – Maize & Blue Deli
- Monday: Honey Chipotle BBQ Chicken, Crispy Crowns, Baby Greens with Sliced Peach
Beef & Cabbage StewWent out to Sabor Latino for Taco Tuesday instead!
- Wednesday: Bacon Corn Chowder with Shrimp,
Biscuits(I made Strawberry Rhubarb Crunch for dessert instead of making biscuits)
- Thursday: Chicken Curry with Rice <—this recipe was NOT good! I didn’t blog it.
- Friday: Out – Grizzly Peak
Upcoming Week: Dinner Meal Plan for Week of July 7 – July 13:
- Saturday: Whole Foods Salad Bar
- Sunday: Grilled Biercamp Brats, baked beans, watermelon
- Monday: Salmon Burgers with Green Goddess Sauce atop Baby Greens, Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Tuesday: Italian Chopped Salad
- Wednesday: Country Chicken with Gravy, roasted garlic red skin potatoes, teriyaki veggies
- Thursday: Shrimp Cobb Salad
- Friday: Out
Often I don’t plan a meal for one night in case something comes up during the week, but I didn’t do that this week. I do have one “delayable” meal, which is the Shrimp Cobb Salad, since the shrimp is frozen and baby greens will be eaten regardless of whether or not I make the dinner this week or next week.
Grocery List: (doesn’t include everything to make the above dishes; some items I have on hand)
- Produce: (these weren’t all on my ‘list,’ as I tend to pick out fruit/veggies that are on sale and look good, in addition to items needed for my planned recipes)
- Bananas (2)
- Sweet Potatoes (2)
- Green Pepper (2)
- Carrots [organic]
- Lemon (2)
- Green Grapes [organic]
- Romaine (two 7 oz pkgs) [organic]
- Cherries [organic]
- Baby Greens (giant 16 oz tub) [organic]
- Red Potatoes
- Cottage Cheese
- Yoplait yogurt (2)
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Ham (2 oz)
- Salami (2 oz)
- Boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Bacon <—forgot to get this! will have to go back to store.
- Pantry Staples:
- Baked beans (1 can)
- Chickpeas (1 can)
- Diced tomatoes
- Corn flakes
- 3 frozen Indian entrees (Tandoor Chef)
- 1 frozen burrito (Evol)
- 2 Lean Cuisine
- 2 boxes of Lean Pockets
- frozen fruit bars
As you can probably tell, I had a pretty big haul at the grocery store this week, and exceeded my target budget. I kind of went crazy with all the in-season produce, so I can’t really feel bad about that! Additionally, the meat added up quickly, and I also purchased a few plant supplies, which I’ll blog about this week!