Time for a weekly recap and planning post.
Last Week: Dinner Meal Plan for Week of August 5 – August 10:
- Sunday: McDonald’s. Womp womp.
- Monday: Pasta Fagioli Soup
Can’t get enough of this recipe. It’s so quick and easy to make, and it tastes amazing!
- Tuesday: Taco Tuesday at Sabor Latino with Five Cent Femme. I had four $1 tacos: fish (2), chorizo, and carnitas. Fish is still my favorite.
- Wednesday: Dinner solo, wing it. I ended up going to Exotic Bakeries & Syrian Cuisine, near work, and picking up some take-out. I’m diggin’ this place recently. I ordered combo #12: three pieces of falafel, tabbouli, and hummus, with pita. Sooo good.
I also picked up a little treat for myself (and one for the huz when he got home too!): a chocolate truffle, which was nothing short of foodgasmic.
- Thursday: California Shrimp Tacos
- Friday: Pizza and wings from Domino’s! I’ve been feeling so worn out this week, that I had little desire to do much other than relax at home and eat pizza. I’ve had a headache (I just typed pizza instead of headache, ahahaha) for over one week straight now. Yesssss. This helped.
Upcoming Week: Dinner Meal Plan for Week of August 11-17:
- Saturday: Sausage Lasagna, Salad
- Sunday: Honey Grilled Chicken Breast with Corn and Black Bean Salad
- Monday: Sausage Lasagna 2.0, Salad
- Tuesday: Pimiento Cheese BLTs, Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Wednesday: Smoked Turkey Sausage, Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Creamed Spinach
- Thursday: Wing it
- Friday: Out
Grocery List: (doesn’t include everything to make the above dishes; some items I have on hand)
- sweet potatoes
- red onion
- tomatoes <-mine aren’t ripening rapidly enough to keep up with our consumption!
- sweet corn
- basil [organic]
- green grapes [organic]
- strawberries [organic]
- romaine [organic]
- Oikos yogurt (3)
- Fage yogurt (1)
- 1% milk
- ricotta (part-skim)
- reduced-fat cream cheese
- sharp cheddar
- cottage cheese
- mozzarella (part-skim)
- butter (unsalted)
- thin-cut boneless skinless chicken breasts
- smoked turkey sausage
- crushed tomatoes
- sourdough bread
- lasagna noodles
- black beans
- spinach (2)
- Lean Cuisine (1)
- orange juice
- Diet 7-up
- Chips Ahoy
We’ll see how it goes!