Are you ready for the weekly spiel?!
Last Week: Dinner Meal Plan for Week of August 11 – August 17:
- Saturday: Sausage Lasagna, Salad
- Monday: Sausage Lasagna leftovers, Salad
Pimiento CheeseBLTs, Roasted Brussels Sprouts <- I forgot to buy pimientos, so we just had regular BLTs
- Thursday: Wing it – I had a plate of really delicious homemade Indian food at a work gathering, including Kheema, which was much better than the version I’ve made before! Pics were taken on a friends’ camera, so I’m unable to post them here yet. Later in the evening I supplemented with a small salad box from Whole Foods, to get in my greens!
- Friday: Out: We had take-out from San Fu. I had steamed chicken with mixed veggies with the no-oil General Tso’s sauce (love this healthier option) with Hot and Sour Soup and fried rice.
PS – I am in love with these new red polka bowl mugs at I found at Big Lots for $3 each. Aren’t they cute?! And so useful!
Upcoming Week: Dinner Meal Plan for Week of August 18-24:
- Saturday: Out
- Sunday: Homemade All-American Chili, salad
- Monday: Wing it
- Tuesday: Chili leftovers
- Wednesday: Pork Chops with Roasted Apples and Onion, Garlic Quinoa and Brown Rice
- Thursday: Pimiento Cheese BLTs <- hoping that I’ll have some ripe tomatoes by then!
- Friday: Out
Grocery List: (doesn’t include everything to make the above dishes; some items I have on hand)
- green pepper
- mixed greens [organic]
- red grapes [organic]
- Gala apples
- Stonyfield yogurt (3)
- cheddar cheese
- pork chops
- Hot Italian Turkey Sausage
- ground sirloin
- tomato paste
- canned whole tomatoes (2-28 oz cans)
- kidney beans (2 cans)
- baking powder
- Peshawari Dal Makhani – microwavable
- pearl onions
- Morningstar black bean burgers
- Morningstar mini corndogs (2)
- Lean Cuisine (1)
- Ghiradelli squares <- must replenish my stash at work
- Diet Orange Sunkist