How is it October!?
Last Week: Dinner Meal Plan for Week of September 29 – October 6:
- Saturday: Oktoberfest. Beer for dinner. I don’t really condone this type of life decision but sometimes these thing happen. I went to both the ABC and Grizzly Peak Oktoberfests.
This was followed by a visit to Lena. Er, well, the bar beneath Lena, which I guess is technically “the new” Café Habana? Too dark and crowded for my taste. Wasn’t a huge fan. I took a couple pics on my phone, and here’s what they turned out. This picture basically represents what it looks like inside of Café Habana. My bourgie $11 cocktail in a pitch black room.
- Sunday: Dinner at parents’ – burgers on the grill and macaroni salad!
- Monday: BLTs & macaroni salad – these were killer.
- Tuesday: Taco Stuffed Green Pepper Cups with Baked Sweet Potato
- Wednesday: Homemade Tomato Basil Soup and Grilled Ham & Cheese
- Thursday: Wing it – dinner plans fell through so instead the huz and I went to Ahmo’s. I had a Falafel Pita and a Greek Salad.
- Friday: Out. There was a long dinner wait everywhere it seemed like, so we ended up at Blue Tractor for date night dinner, where we had a biscuit basket, and I had beef short rib with cheddar grits and baked beans.
- The short rib had a wonderfully tender, falling-apart texture, topped with a nice tangy sauce, but it needed more sauce and flavor throughout the thick slab of meat. The grits were nice, loved the cheddar flavor, but a little lumpy. The beans also had a tangy, vinegar-y sauce, but I generally prefer a thicker sauce on my baked beans. All in all, dinner was good though.
- For dessert we had pie at Grand Traverse Pie Company!
This weekend I also made Pumpkin Cookies, drank apple cider, and got out a few Halloween decorations. It’s fall, officially.
Upcoming Week: Dinner Meal Plan for Week of October 6 – 12:
Grocery List: (doesn’t include everything to make the above dishes; some items I have on hand)
- Baby Greens
- Red Potatoes
- Parmesan Cheese
- Greek Yogurt
- Hot Italian Turkey Sausage
- Chicken Breast Tenderloins
- Confectioner’s Sugar
- Canned Pumpkin
- Canned Roasted Red Peppers
- Soy Sauce
- Canned Soup
- Corn Tortillas
- Cooked Butternut Squash
- Breakfast Sausage Links
- Diet Mountain Dew for the huz