Well hello there! I don’t have a whole lot to say in the post other than:
- I made this recipe last week
- It was awesome
- I need to blog it so I don’t forget about the recipe!
This soup only has SIX INGREDIENTS.
I also made it in under 15 minutes. SO easy. SO flavorful.
Heart Cannellini & Sausage Soup
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
- 12 oz smoked turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4.5 tsp of reduced-sodium vegetable bouillon dissolved in 4.5 cups water (OR 4.5 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) White Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 c coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 c green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat sausage over medium heat until lightly browned. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5-10 minutes or until cabbage is tender and flavors are blended.
- Nom it.
Yield: This served two hungry adults for dinner, plus lunches the next day.
I recommend using a quality bouillon with this recipe, if possible. My favorite brand is the “Better Than Bouillon” Reduced-Sodium Vegetable Base. But again, vegetable broth would work just fine if that is a more accessible ingredient for you.
[ source ]
My Rating: 9/10