Hey guys! Today I wanted to share with you a recipe for one of my very favorite go-to summer side dish recipes.
Anytime I want a no-fail, easy, fresh summer side dish, this Dilled Potato Salad with Feta is one of my favorite go-tos. And bonus: it can be made ahead of time, making it easy to grab from the fridge as soon as your burgers or steaks are done on the grill!
Just a few simple ingredients:
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- fresh dill
- feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- red potatoes
First, I chop up one pound of red potatoes into bite size pieces. (Note, only three are shown above, but I used more like 6-7 for this recipe). The potatoes are added to a pot, covered with water, brought to a boil and simmered for 10-15 minutes (less, if you chop the potatoes into small pieces, like me).
Tossing the cooked and drained potatoes with the dressing while they are still hot is a key element of this recipe. Hot potatoes will better absorb liquid (and thus, flavor), making for a potato seasoned to the core. Intense, right?
..to the CORE.
Mmm hmm. So after you dress the potatoes, let them hang out at room temperature for a bit, then, cover and refrigerate until serving. Or I supposed you could eat this salad warm as well, though I happen to love it when it is chilled and refreshing in the summer.
Dill has such a wonderfully aromatic fragrance that will leave your kitchen smelling wonderful. I hope you enjoy this amazing Dilled Potato Salad! I know I will be preparing it many times this summer!
Dilled Potatoes with Feta
Recipe lightly adapted from Taste of Home
- 1 pound small red potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. (Your potatoes may take less time to cook if your potatoes are cut small). Drain.
- In a serving bowl, combine the cheese, dill, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add potatoes and toss gently to coat. Chill until serving.
Yield: 4-6 servings.
My rating: 9/10