Well hello! You may or may not have noticed that I missed last week’s meal planning post. I’m not sure how interesting these posts are to you guys but they are actually very helpful to me, which is much of the reason that I continue posting them! I find it really helpful to use my past weekly meal planning posts as a resource for ideas when preparing my menu and grocery list for the upcoming week. So I hope at least someone out there finds these posts at least somewhat interesting / helpful as well!
Without further ado, here is a recap of last week’s dinners, leaving off after my last meal plan post:
- Sunday, December 8: Hot Chile Grilled Cheese; didn’t love these.
[photo source: Eating Well]
- Monday, December 9: Indian Buffet at Raja Rani. This was my first time trying their buffet and it was great!
- Tuesday, December 10: Tuna Wrap (canned tuna, and I replaced most of the mayo I would normally use with avocado, and it was fantastic!), Sautéed Kale, leftover Mac ‘n’ Cheese from Ribfest.
- Thursday, December 12: Qdoba! (You’re welcome for this super-appealing photo.)
- Friday, December 13: My work holiday party. I totally spaced and didn’t take any pictures, but the menu was similar to last year. The catered food is always great at our holiday parties. These pics from last year will give you a general idea:
Saturday, December 14: We had plans to attend a party, but the huz was sick and there was a raging blizzard, so we had Domino’s delivered instead, and watched Home Alone and The Holiday, my two fave holiday movies. I’ll take it.
- Sunday, December 15: Chicken Pot Pie with Cheddar Biscuit Topping – oh my word, this recipe was amazing!! I cannot wait to share it with you soon.
Tuesday, December 17: Cookies!!! (Just kidding. Kind of. Actually I also went to the drive-thru after my Holiday Cookies Class, and grabbed a burger afterward too.) Clearly a healthy dinner. Not. But it’s okay. It’s the holiday season and indulgence is allowed.
Wednesday, December 18: Leek, Potato, & Spinach Stew
Thursday, December 19: Dinner date at Grizzly Peak with my BFF! We both tried the White Christmas Ale and the Cheddar Ale Soup. The Cheddar Ale Soup was amazing, as always. I did like the beer (it is strong!), but I hoped it would be a bit spicier.
For dinner I ordered the Cherry Chicken Salad. This wasn’t quite as good as I remember it being in the past when I’ve ordered it. Not sure what happened. Lacking in freshness and not enough blue cheese and pecans.
I absolutely love bringing friends to Iorio’s Gelateria for the first time! I was happy to see many holiday flavors featured in the day’s gelato line up. I went for: Eggnog, Figgy Pudding, and Venezuelan Dark Chocolate. The Dark Chocolate was out.of.this.world.
Friday, December 20: Goat Cheese Mac & Cheese, Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Another recipe I can’t wait to share with you soooon!
Dinner Meal Plan for December 21-28:
- Saturday: Out to dinner
- Sunday: Cuban Pork Shoulder with Beans and Rice
- Monday: Either leftover pork, or Chickpea Sausage Minestrone
- Tuesday: Christmas Eve
- Wednesday: Christmas Day
- Thursday: Special German menu planned!
- Friday: TBD
- Saturday: Wing it
- Fresh Oregano
- Roma Tomatoes
- Button Mushrooms
- Bone-in Pork Shoulder
- Ground Sirloin
- Stonyfield Yogurts
- Oikos Cucumber Dill Dip <- this is SO GOOD!
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Cottage Cheese
- Tomato Sauce
- Fire-Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- Black Beans
- Chicken Stock (unsalted)
- Annie’s Mac & Cheese
- Bagel Bites
- Red wine