Recap of Last Week
Dinner Meal Plan for December 21-28:
- Saturday: Out to dinner at Bigalora <-review post coming soon
- Sunday: Cuban Pork Shoulder with Beans and Rice <-post coming soon
- Monday: Leftover Cuban Pork with Beans and Rice
- Tuesday: Christmas Eve – family gathering at my aunt and uncle’s
The huz and I:
My cousins and their significant others. Big congrats to my cousin & her fiancé who were just engaged! My cousin’s Baby A is getting so big and she just has the cutest personality.
My immediate fam:
- Wednesday: Christmas Day – brunch & presents at my parents’! [Then nibbles the rest of the day, including up at the huz’ grandparents’ place later in the day.]
Hilariously, my sister and I bought the EXACT same candle for each other for Christmas this year! It’s the Party Dress scent from Bath & Body Works – love it. (Please excuse the PJs).
It was a Merry Christmas this year!
- Thursday: Homemade Beef Stuffed Cabbage Rolls and Mushroom and Mustard Spaetzle, made by meeee! <- post coming soon!
- Friday: Yotsuba Japanese Restaurant – I love their sushi!
- Saturday: Bagger Dave’s, after attending the U-M basketball game at Crisler, and before watching the Michigan Football team play in the [sad] Buffalo Wild Wings bowl on the tube.
This burger, a custom-designed 1/2 pounder beef burger with bacon, guac, Santa Fe chipotle sauce and more, on a Buffalo spice bun, accompanied by a Michigan craft beer, completely hit the spot.
Dinner Meal Plan for December 29 – January 4:
- Sunday: Chickpea Sausage Minestrone
- Monday: Annual New Year’s Feast [yes, I realized we’re a day early here!]
- Tuesday: Out to dinner for New Year’s Eve
- Wednesday: Chicken Biryani from Perfect One-Dish Dinners (this cookbook was a Christmas gift!)
- Thursday: Leftover Chicken Biryani
- Friday: Wing it
- Saturday: Braised Salmon from Perfect One-Dish Dinners cookbook