I didn’t get a chance to assemble my weekly recap last Sunday since I was traveling, so this week I am doubling up on my meal planning post.
Recap of the Last Two Weeks
Dinners for March 23 – April 5:
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Enchiladas with Avocado-Cilantro Cream Sauce from the OSG Cookbook
These turned out really well. The black bean, sweet potato, and spinach filling was delicious, as was the avocado-cilantro cream sauce. The homemade “5-Minute Enchilada Sauce” was just a bit too pasty for me, from the large volume of tomato paste used, and next time I would prefer to either add more liquid, or to substitute tomato sauce for a portion of the tomato paste.
- Pork Tenderloin and Cannellini Beans, from Cooking Light
I just loved this fantastic dish! The pork is encrusted in crushed fennel seeds and fresh rosemary. Post coming soon!
- Out to dinner at Jamaican Jerk Pit. As always, I ordered the Jerk Chicken Wrap with fries. My fave!
- Pasta with Shrimp and Tomato-Caper Sauce, from Cooking Light
This simple dish tasted very good. The only part I didn’t love was the zucchini, which was undercooked when utilizing the recommended cooking time in the recipe, and thus was a tad bitter.
- Vacation! King Kong Sushi in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
- Vacation! Taco Salad & Margaritas at Margaritaville.
- Vacation! Dinner at the Hard Rock Café in Myrtle Beach.
- Vacation! Dinner at Magnolia’s at 26th in Myrtle Beach.
- Out to dinner at Red Lobster. I barely any groceries in the house upon returning from my vacay, so this seemed like a good time to use our gift card! I enjoyed shrimp galore.
- Chipotle Chicken Taco Salad, from Cooking Light – this is a great recipe I’ve made many times. The creamy chipotle cilantro dressing is a winner.
- Egg Salad Sandwiches and Fruit – easy peasy.
- After a long, eight hour day at work, I walked out to the parking lot to find this:
Good times, good times. Over three hours later, after getting that taken care of, I most definitely was not in the mood to cook. The huz ran over to the new BBQ restaurant that just opened near us, called Old Carolina BBQ for all sorts of take-out goodness (plus a beer or two to wash it down, of course.) Really liked the food, especially the ribs! Post coming soon.
- Couscous Meatball Soup with Kale – one of my fave homemade soups!
- Take out from TMAZ Taqueria – our second visit [read about our first visit here]. Everything was just as good this time! My favorite tacos that they offer are the Barbacoa and the Pescado frito empanizado (breaded fried fish). We also tried out a tamale (yum), and ordered another dish of their amazing Fresh Handmade Guacamole. And finally, splitting one of the homemade crema pastries (they are a Mexican bakery too!) made for an absolutely delicious dessert. I totally want another one right now.
Dinner Meal Plan for April 6-12:
- Sunday: Chicken Potpie with Cheddar Biscuit Topping
- Monday: Leftover Potpie
- Tuesday: Gingery Pork Meatballs with Noodles
- Wednesday: Mushroom and Sausage Ragu with Polenta, Steamed Asparagus
- Thursday: Salmon, veggies, and rice
- Friday: Out to dinner
- Saturday: Wing it
Anyone else excited for the Game of Thrones Season 4 Premiere tonight!? I am hyped up!!
I’ve watched Seasons 1-3 on HBO, so I am all caught up. I am also almost done reading the second book in the series (A Clash of Kings) as well. I’m a huge GoT fan (hence my Daenarys Halloween costume last October!)