Recap of Last Week
To call this past week a good example of “meal planning” would be a gross overstatement.
Dinner Meal Plan for April 27-May 3:
- Panera sandwich (leftovers from catering at work), and leftover Roasted Italian Chickpea Croutons (so addicting) over Thai Tomato Coconut Bisque (from a box).
Tuesday & Wednesday
- Whole Foods Cucumber Avocado Roll, Hummus & Zatar Pita Chips, and Whole Foods Guacamole.
After debating between sushi, Mexican, and Middle Eastern take-out for dinner, I absolutely couldn’t decide so I went to Whole Foods and got a little bit of everything. I’m weird.
On Wednesday I had leftover hummus and guac and I don’t even remember what else! Oh, I made some egg salad and dipped crackers in it. There ya go.
- #pizzathursday, this week from Domino’s Pizza (courtesy of a Groupon I scored)
Pan pizza; half pepp, half bacon.
Parmesan bread bites.
- Out to dinner at Wurst Bar. Given that it was graduation weekend for all the UMich Class of 2014ers this weekend, I knew there was no way we were going to be able to go out to dinner downtown without a crazy wait, so we headed to good ol’ Ypsi.
I ordered Wurst Bar’s Poutine Tots. These weren’t as mind-blowing as I imagined they would be. The cheese curds weren’t melted enough, the gravy was bland, and the tots weren’t crispy enough. We still ate them all, but I might try a different tot next time. I hear the Nacho Tots are where it’s at!
The brat I ordered was absolutely delicious, however!
- Bison, & Lamb Merguez Wurst (Bison, Lamb, Pork, Swiss Cheese, Sumac, Fennel), in a salted pretzel roll, topped with kimchi kraut and caramelized onions! Holy flavor attack! This was awesome. Of course I drizzled it with spicy mustard as well.
Plus dessert from Orange Leaf. The addiction has begun.
- Indian Lentil-Cauliflower Soup – oh my gosh, you guys, this soup is bomb. My favorite recipe from the OSG Cookbook so far. I can’t wait to eat the leftovers for lunch today.