Recap of Last Week
Dinner Meal Plan for May 18-24:
- Well after a belated Mother’s Day brunch buffet at Weber’s with the fam…
…I fixed a lighter dinner, consisting of Braised Sockeye Salmon & Veggies.
Which left room for dessert: Homemade Strawberry Rhubarb Crunch, with homegrown rhubarb!
- Easy Swedish Meatballs, Green Beans
I forgot how delicious this recipe is! Any leftovers make fabulous lunches as well.
After the tasting, we grabbed dinner over at Tomukun – I ordered the Pho Deluxe. This is actually the first time I’ve eating at Tomukun (though I’ve gone out for sake and drinks at Tomukun in the past). It was good.
- Kung Pao Chicken Tacos – I freaking love these things.
- For date night (yes, we indulged in both a Wednesday and a Friday night date night this week! #drunkinlove #lushes), we had happy hour in the sunshine on Ravens Club patio which was da bomb. $4 dranks and apps y’all.
- Chicken Liver Mousse
- Pimento Cheese
Then dinner at Blue Tractor. And beer. Because Friday.
Now, I’m going to be honest with you guys. I am not really a fan of Blue Tractor’s beers. I’ve never found one I liked enough to order a second time. Which means every time I go I try a new one. But I think they’re onto something with their new Mango Hefeweizen beer that was on special during our visit. This was officially the first beer at Blue Tractor that I really liked. In fact, I thought it was great (on the right, below).
I also find their food hit or miss, but I’ve come to learn that mac and cheese and salads seem to be my best options there. I went for the Blue Steak Salad. The smoked cherry tomatoes were AMAZE. I don’t know what sort of magic voodoo Blue Tractor has going on with these tomatoes but they kind of blew my mind.
- Grillin’ Day! The huz made Jalapeño Cheddar brats on the grill, and I made Vegetable Pasta Salad with Goat Cheese from Cooking Light. LOVED this pasta salad – so fresh, with three fresh herbs mixed in. (The brats were delish too!)