Recap of Last Week
Dinner Meal Plan for June 8-14
- Peach-Glazed Chicken with Peach-Studded Bulgur from Cooking Light
This was my first time cooking with bulgur, which I found in the Whole Foods’ bulk bins. I liked cooking with this quick-cooking whole grain, which is perhaps best known for its use in tabbouli. The dish was pretty good overall.
- Lighter Orange Beef and Broccoli from Iowa Girl Eats
This dish was terrific! I used very thinly sliced beef top sirloin steaks in this recipe. The tangy orange sauce was fantastic. Recommended!
- BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad, also from Iowa Girl Eats!
I’ve been loving Iowa Girl Eats’ recipes lately, and this one was no exception! We barbecued the chicken and corn on the grill to add extra smoky flavor to this perfect summer salad. The base of the salad consists of romaine, red onion, black beans, tomatoes, crushed tortilla chips, and shredded cheese, all with a light drizzle of both ranch dressing and barbecue sauce. Tasty!
- Dinner at The Lunch Room, after checking out the Wednesday night Ann Arbor Farmer’s Market with Five Cent Femme (picked up some juice, and some honey lip balm).
- Godfather Sub from Dibella’s. Always a winner!
- Out to dinner. First, happy hour on the Palio rooftop. Gotta love the half-off drinks and apps. Their bruschetta is da bomb.
Later, we had dinner at Fleetwood, which definitely included splitting a Patty Melt-Style 50-50 Burger.
Dinner Meal Plan for June 15-21:
- Sunday: Summer Squash and Corn Chowder with Tomato Bruschetta
- Monday: Chicken with Rosemary, Red Bell Peppers, and Olives
- Tuesday: Wing it
- Wednesday: Gingery Pork Meatballs with Noodles
- Thursday: Pizza
- Friday: Out to dinner
- Saturday: Spanish Tapas