I used to write weekly meal planning posts, but for the past several weeks I’ve changed the format to bi-weekly dinner recaps. Hope you guys dig the change!
Dinners for the Last Two Weeks // July 13-July 26, 2014
- Sunday July 13: Crispy Fish with Pineapple Ketchup, and Corn and Radish Salad with Avocado-Herb Dressing; both recipes from Cooking Light! The fish was okay, but I really liked the salad.
- Monday July 14: Avocado and Chicken Caprese Salad; recipe from Iowa Girl Eats. And no, I totally can’t stop, won’t stop, with the caprese salads this summer. I loved the idea of adding chicken and avocado to a caprese salad to make a substantial meal out of the dish – it was great!
- Tuesday July 15: Dinner at Sava’s with my parents and sis. I had a tasty falafel burger with fries.
- Wednesday July 16: Pierogies with Sautéed Cabbage and Bacon. This easy dinner is a favorite in our house.
- Thursday July 17: On The Mend Spiced Red Lentil-Kale Soup from the OSG Cookbook.
- Saturday July 19: Crispy Baked Falafel Bites from the OSG Cookbook. I just loved these! Great texture and flavor.
- Sunday July 20: Grilled Brats, Dilled Potato Salad, and watermelon. Hooray for watermelon season!
- Monday July 21: Dinner at Sidetrack with the huz, my bro-in-law, and his gf!
- Tuesday July 22: Crunchy Chinese Chicken Salad, from Cooking Light. I substituted toasted pieces of soft tortillas for the wonton strip. I really liked this crunchy salad!
Big thanks to my cousin L for passing along this pork recipe! Glad I tried it!
- Thursday July 24: BBQ Dinner at Saline Downtown Diner. Post coming soon!
- Friday July 25: Homemade Ann Arbor-style Surf ‘n’ Turf! We grilled a giant t-bone steak from Knight’s Market and served it with pan-seared scallops from Monahan’s. Plus we picked up a couple desserts from The Lunch Room! Delish! This was Part I of our wedding anniversary celebration.
- Saturday July 26: Date night out for our sixth wedding anniversary. Our dinner destination was Isalita, where we had an amazing meal. (Last year we were in Český Krumlov in the Czech Republic for our five year anniversary!)
Dinner Meal Plan for Next Week:
- Sunday: Italian Chopped Salad
- Monday: Gingery Pork Meatballs with Noodles
- Tuesday: Wing it
- Wednesday: Garlic-Ginger Chicken, Corn and Broccoli, Rice
- Thursday: Egg Salad Sandwiches, Fruit
- Friday: Work party
- Saturday: Wing it