I love writing these annual posts recapping my favorite dinner entrée recipe finds of the year! Here you will find my favorite entrée recipes that I tested at home and blogged about between January and June of 2014.
These are the best of the best, folks! Don’t forget to pin, and enjoy!
Favorite Recipe of January 2014
- Chicken Potpie with Cheddar Biscuit Topping (Taste of Home)
“This dish turned out wonderfully and I wouldn’t change anything in the original recipe. It is terrifically comforting, home-y, and delicious.”
January Honorable Mention
- Sweet and Spicy Shrimp Stir Fry with Rice Noodles (Cooking Light)
Favorite Recipe of February 2014:
- Tangy Italian Beef Sandwiches (Cooking Light)
This easy crock pot recipe is a winner!
February Honorable Mention
- Italian Sausage Hoagies (Cooking Light)
Favorite Recipe of March 2014:
- Saucy Mushroom Chicken (Taste of Home)
This year I actually rediscovered this recipe that I’d originally blogged about a few years ago. The creamy mushroom sauce is heavenly, and the blend of herbs used to season the chicken adds lots of flavor. Saucy!
March Honorable Mention:
- Herbed Chicken and Tomatoes (McCormick)
This dish is a breeze to prepare and also easy on the budget.
Favorite Recipe of April 2014:
- Pork Tenderloin and Cannellini Beans (Cooking Light)
So 2014 was definitely the year that I discovered how much I enjoy cooking with pork tenderloin! It’s inexpensive, lean, and so versatile.
April Honorable Mention:
- Chicken Breast with Pancetta Cream and Peas (Cooking Light)
Pancetta is similar to bacon, in that it is salt cured pork, except unlike bacon, pancetta is not smoked. It adds a really nice meaty, savory saltiness to the dish, without the smokiness of bacon. But you can totally substitute bacon here if preferred! I promise that you’ll receive zero judgment from this bacon lover.
Favorite Recipes of May 2014:
- Gingery Pork Meatballs with Noodles (Cooking Light)
These juicy meatballs are wicked good and this dish is perfection when drizzled with sweet chili sauce.
May Honorable Mentions:
- Easy Swedish Meatballs (Kraft)
Apparently May was the month for meatballs! I was very unprepared for the high quantity of deliciousness this dish would offer. To make the meatballs themselves, you’ll only need FOUR ingredients. Well, five if you count water, but I don’t count water. Manageable, amirite!?
- Chicken-Broccoli Mac and Cheese with Bacon (Cooking Light)
One especially nice feature of this dish is that it is primarily prepared on the stovetop, and only requires 3 minutes under the broiler. No lengthy baking time (which tends to be customary when it comes to Mac and Cheese) required here!
Favorite Recipe of June 2014:
- Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Cherries and Shallots (Cooking Light)
This dish was absolutely wonderful. Balsamic vinegar balances out the sweetness of the cherries, while the cumin and cinnamon rub on the pork lend a complementary warmness to the dish that goes so well with the sweet cherries.
See you soon for Part II!